Preventive maintenance is the care and protection of your vehicle against potential major auto repairs. Negligence is the most common and costly way to see money wasted on repairs that could have easily been prevented through regular service intervals.
Depending on your vehicle’s manufacturer, avoiding preventive maintenance on certain parts and components has the potential to void warranty coverage. Car maintenance intervals have been designed to improve the reliability, durability, and resale value of your vehicle.
Based upon your driving conditions, these service intervals may arrive sooner than you expect. For example, short commutes can actually hurt a vehicle because most engines thrive during long drives. Driving short commutes, experiencing stop-and-go traffic, and carrying heavy cargo are all aspects of severe driving.
However, severe driving can also be reinforced by your environment. Hot or cold weather, mountainous or rough roads, and dusty or salty environments can all affect your vehicle.
Because of these innumerable factors, adhering to a rigid service schedule can keep your vehicle operating at maximum efficiency for years to come.
The Basics Behind Air Filter Replacement Services at Tonys Autowerks
An air filter allows outside air into an engine’s intake manifold, where the air mixes with fuel to power a vehicle. Playing a defensive role, air filters prevent dirt particles, bugs, and other contaminants from entering the engine and causing destruction. Unfortunately, engine air filters lose effectiveness over time and require replacements. Drivers looking to replace an air filter can choose from three common types: paper, foam, and cotton. Paper air filters are usually cheap, but they generally wear out faster than their counterparts. Foam filters are a popular choice for off-road vehicles, because they have strong filtering capabilities. However, they also tend to clog engines if used and left unchecked. Cotton filters are commonly found on race cars, but can be also used as aftermarket upgrades on everyday vehicles. No matter the type of air filter in your vehicle, it is important to replace the air filter as needed. A dirty air filter can negatively affect gas mileage and make an engine run roughly.
Why Should You Have Air Filter Replacement Services Performed at Tonys Autowerks?
To keep your vehicle at its best, it is recommended that you replace your air filter whenever you get your oil changed. However, your environment should also be considered when determining the right time to have your air filter replaced. Dirt roads can cause your air filter to wear more quickly than paved roads. The next time you get an oil change or notice your air filter performing poorly, give us a visit so our service staff can remove your old air filter and install a new one. Our staff understands that a dirty air filter can prevent clean air and fuel from mixing correctly. Let us help you find the right air filter so your vehicle can continue to perform well. We have the right tools to install your new air filter and will work hard to get you back on the road again.
We proudly service the CV Axle Inspection needs of customers in Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, Honolulu, HI, and surrounding areas.
The Basics Behind Fuel Injection Services at Tonys Autowerks
During a fuel injection, your vehicle’s fuel injectors are checked. Located in the intake manifold of the engine, fuel injectors use small nozzles to spray a mist of fuel that your engine can burn. Fuel injectors work with your throttle valve, which lets air into the engine whenever you use the gas pedal. When the valve opens, fuel injectors release the fuel mist so it mixes with the air. This fuel and air combination then enters the combustion chamber and helps your vehicle run. Over time, fuel injectors can become dirty. Clogged injectors can negatively affect your vehicle’s performance, leading to poor gas mileage and dirty exhaust emissions. Short trips make it especially easy for dirt and grime to build up inside the fuel injector nozzles. Because a healthy fuel injection system is important for overall vehicle maintenance, we advise you to keep watch over your fuel injectors and have them serviced as needed.
Why Should You Have Fuel Injection Services Performed at Tonys Autowerks?
Are you ready for a fuel injection service? If you are experiencing lean misfire, poor acceleration, or rough idling, your fuel injection system may be to blame. When you encounter any of these issues or notice that your fuel injectors are clogged with dirt and grime, give us a visit. Our staff understands that dirty injectors can bring various problems to your vehicle, and we are equipped with the right tools for cleaning them. We will work hard to remove any build up in the nozzles of your injectors. In addition, we can check the pressure and volume of your fuel pump and pressure regulator. While inspecting your vehicle’s fuel injection system, we can also inspect fuel lines, fuel rails, throttle components, and fuel filters. We will also check to see if your vehicle’s sensors are performing correctly. When your vehicle is ready for a fuel injection service, don’t delay.
Areas Served : Kailua, HI | Kaneohe, HI | Honolulu, HI | and surrounding areas
The Basics Behind Oil and Filter Change Services at Tonys Autowerks
Oil is a lubricant that keeps your vehicle functioning properly. Oil plays an essential role in the engine of your vehicle, where it helps alleviate friction between various moving components. Without the protective layer that oil provides, the heat created from friction would melt an engine’s parts together. As oil runs through your vehicle’s system, it also collects sludge, grime, and other contaminants that can harm the engine. In turn, the oil filter catches these contaminants and helps to prevent them from mixing with the oil. However, the filter can only hold so much. Over time, the small bits and miscellaneous muck will break down the filter’s defenses. When this happens, the result is dirty oil. In addition to being less effective overall, dirty oil can cause permanent damage to some parts of your vehicle. As such, oil and filter changes are considered an important part of vehicle maintenance.
Why Should You Have Oil and Filter Change Services Performed at Tonys Autowerks?
Are you in need of an oil and filter change or uncertain about the last time you had this service done? Allow us to help. Our expert staff can tend to your vehicle and assist you with any questions you may have in regard to our oil change and filter change process. If you are uncertain about what grade of oil is best for your vehicle, or if you are curious about the differences between synthetic, semi-synthetic, and conventional oil, we are happy to share our knowledge. Similarly, we can go over the micron ratings of different oil filters to help match you with the best possible oil filter. Simply contact us online or give us a call when you are ready to change your oil and filter.
We proudly service the CV Boot Replacement needs of customers in Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, Honolulu, HI, and surrounding areas.
The Basics Behind Spring Checkup Services at Tonys Autowerks
A spring checkup helps prepare your vehicle for the hot months of summer. During a checkup, multiple components may be reviewed for efficiency. The battery, an essential component that works particularly hard during the winter months, may be tested and its age considered. Spring is a great time to check your tires. The tread depth and tire pressure of your tires may be looked at because they can affect gas mileage. Belts and hoses may also be checked to make sure they are intact and sturdy. Potholes usually become more pronounced after winter rains, so it is important to see if the shocks and struts are in healthy condition as well. From the starting and charging system to the transmission fluid and coolant levels, there is much to review during a spring inspection. However, a checkup can ultimately help keep your vehicle safe and save you money in the long run.
Why Should You Have Spring Checkup Services Performed at Tonys Autowerks?
Before summer begins, it is advisable that you seek a spring maintenance service for your vehicle prior to the summer months. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped with the right tools for testing various components in your vehicle. From your wiper blades to your tires, we are ready to look over the various parts and components that make up your vehicle and help make sure they perform well, and continue to perform well for you. If you are curious about what we check, why we check it, or how we test it, just ask. We are happy to help you learn more about our spring maintenance checklist.
We proudly service the CV Joint Replacement needs of customers in Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, Honolulu, HI, and surrounding areas.
The Basics Behind Wiper Blades Replacement Services at Tonys Autowerks
Wiper blades are responsible for helping drivers travel safely in inclement weather. In bad weather conditions like downpours, wiper blades can be activated to help keep a driver’s field of vision clear. Many vehicles have a single pair of wiper blades located on the front windshield, but some vehicles also contain a wiper blade on the rear windshield. Because they are located on the outside of your vehicle, wiper blades are prone to wear and will require replacements in time. Even if they are not heavily used, the blades should be replaced regularly because the material they are made of has its own lifespan. Generally, it is recommended that wiper blades be replaced every 6,000 miles or every six months. However, it is worth noting that surrounding weather conditions may alter the lifespan of the blades, so it is recommended that all drivers inquire about the best time to replace their specific wiper blades.
Why Should You Have Wiper Blades Replacement Services Performed at Tonys Autowerks?
Do you know whether or not your windshield wiper blades need to be replaced? Our expert staff can help you determine when you should replace your wiper blades, and our knowledgeable employees can aid you in finding the proper replacement wiper blades. Our staff understands that wiper blades come in different sizes and types. If you don’t know what size wiper blades you need or whether or not your vehicle uses conventional blades or beam blades, we can help. We are happy to answer your questions and will strive to find you the best windshield wiper blades for your needs. If you need any help replacing your old blades with new ones, please let us know. Our staff looks forward to working with you through the windshield wiper blade replacement process.
We proudly service the Driveshaft Balance needs of customers in Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, Honolulu, HI, and surrounding areas.
The Basics Behind Manufacturers’ Preventative Milage Services at Tonys Autowerks
The safety of you and your family is our top priority. Due to the conditions in the Kaneohe, HI area it is important that the Preventative Maintenance be performed at the recommended level.
For your new car, Manufacturers require certain preventative maintenance services at various mile intervals over the life of your vehicle. Our trained mechanics focus on only performing the services and repairs your vehicle requires, the safety of you and your family, keeping your vehicle running at its top performance, and ensuring that your factory warranty stays intact.
We are able to bring you the highest level of service and properly maintain your vehicle at a fraction of what a dealer would charge. Our Mile Service Intervals include the following:
- Before every mile service we perform a Quality Assurance Road Test to ensure that your vehicle is handling and performing at its optimal level. If our Mechanics hear or feel anything out of the ordinary they will be able to look at your vehicle more in depth once they place it on the lift. If our Mechanics do not find what they heard or felt during the Service Interval Inspection list we will inform you what we experienced during the Road Test to inquire if you would prefer further Diagnostics.
- Our mile Service Interval consist of the following services:
- Drive Shaft Boots – We ensure that your vehicles Boots are properly sealed, do not have any damage or tears, and are not dry rotted. This ensures that the drive shafts stay properly lubricated and can save an expensive repair of replacing the Drive Shaft.
- Steering Linkage and Boots – We inspect the Linkage and Boots in your Steering. Excessive play in your steering can be dangerous. It can inhibit the speed of your response in an emergency situation and cause issues like excessive tire wear.
- Brake Linkage/Drums/Pads/Disc – It is extremely important to keep your vehicle running at its top performance when driving in the Kaneohe, HI area and wherever the road takes you, for the safety of you and your family. A properly working Braking System is essential. Routine and thorough inspections of your braking system will ensure that you are able to safely stop your vehicle each and every time. Brake failures also can cost a lot of money to repair. A brake pad that is getting too low and not able to make it to the next Service Interval if not caught can wear into your Rotor and become a very expensive repair.
- Ball Joints and Dust Covers – Excessive play from the Ball Joints can cause excessive tire wear, poor performance and handling. If not caught early enough can result in failure, cause further suspension damage and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Ensuring that there is no excessive play from the suspension can save the cost of a very expensive repair and prevent a break down.
- Engine Air Filters – Air Filters are sometimes able to be cleaned. They also need to be replaced periodically. The Engine Air Filter keeps debris out of the engine and ensures proper air intake through your engine. Depending where you live in the Kaneohe, HI area your Air Filter might need to be replaced more frequently. If your Engine Air Filter is clogged it will dramatically reduce the engine’s performance and fuel mileage.
- Replace Engine Oil and Filter – Due to the climate in the Kaneohe, HI area Vehicle Manufacturers consider us to be in harsh driving conditions. They require more frequent Oil and Filter changes. Routinely changing your vehicle’s engine oil per the manufacture’s guidelines is an essential part of properly maintaining your vehicle and keeping its warranty intact. The oil keeps the internal components of the engine lubricated and the filter collects any debris from causing any damage. This is an essential routine maintenance item to ensure performance and longevity of your vehicle.
- Reset Maintenance Reminder – If your vehicle is equipped with a Maintenance Reminder System we will reset that during your service to ensure you are properly notified for your next Service Interval.
- Tire Inspection, Rotation, and Inflation – The roads in the Kailua, HI area sometimes are not always in the best condition. Proper Tire inflation is vital for optimal handling and safety. During each Service Interval our Mechanics will inspect your tires to ensure proper placement for the best performance and longevity of your tires. Tire rotations are performed periodically so that all four tires wear evenly. If you do not rotate your tires they will wear unevenly and will require replacement more frequently. Proper inflation of your tires is essential for proper wear and performance. Properly inflated tires also improve fuel mileage. There is more to servicing your vehicle than just changing your oil and rotating your tires.
We have specific checks for each of these milage intervals:
- 7,500 Mile Service
- 15,000 Mile Service
- 22,500 Mile Service
- 30,000 Mile Service
- 37,500 Mile Service
- 45,000 Mile Service
- 52,500 Mile Service
- 60,000 Mile Service
- 67,500 Mile Service
- 75,000 Mile Service
- 82,500 Mile Service
- 90,000 Mile Service
- 97,500 Mile Service
- 105,000 Mile Service
- 112,500 Mile Service
- 120,000 Mile Service
- 127,500 Mile Service
- 135,000 Mile Service
- 142,000 Mile Service
- 150,000 Mile Service
- 157,500 Mile Service
- 172,500 Mile Service
- 180,000 Mile Service
Proper Preventative Maintenance will save you money and also your time. We are part of the Kaneohe, HI community. If you are in the Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, or Honolulu, HI areas and looking for an honest and dependable mechanic please contact us.
We value your time, save you money, and gets you back on the road as quickly and safely as possible. Call us to set up a convenient appointment to ensure the safety and reliability of your vehicle.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
Vehicle components and parts naturally wear out over time, and road hazards can negatively impact critical components. By adhering to the preventive maintenance schedule in your vehicle owner’s manual, you will help ensure that your vehicle always runs at optimal conditions.
Depending upon the vehicle’s service interval mileage, maintenance may include an inspection of your steering and suspension components, fluid filters, belts and hoses, brakes and axles, and other parts to help ensure that your vehicle functions efficiently.
Routine maintenance may include checking the level of vital vehicle fluids. Other maintenance items you may see in your owners manual include checking exterior and interior lights, examining windshield wiper blades, checking the battery, inspecting hinges and locks, reviewing the level of ball joint wear, checking exhaust system components, and checking tire wear and inflation levels.
We perform a variety of preventive maintenance services. Contact us to learn what we can do for your vehicle. It is important to schedule preventive maintenance to help your vehicle continue to work as intended.
Remember that environmental conditions may affect your ideal preventive maintenance schedule. Depending upon your environment, you may need to seek more frequent inspections and replacements. Contact us to learn more about recommended car maintenance service intervals for your vehicle.
Tonys Autowerks proudly serves the Axle, CV Joint & Driveshaft Repair needs of customers in Kailua, HI, Kaneohe, HI, Honolulu, HI, and surrounding areas.